CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 23, 2010

2010 Japanese Craft Show


Ok, I'm finally back. lol Lets hope I can post regularly now. I went to the 34th Japan Hobby Show, at Tokyo Big Site, back in early May. Michelle R and I took the train. It was nice to be able to explore the show this year and take our time. Last year, I was there for work and it was nuts! We did 1 make n take. We painted watercolor images. We were told to come back in about an hour. When we did, they gave us our original plus a stationary set that they had printed a copy of our art onto! It was amazing. If we had known that was what our 100 yen was going for, we would have made more!! I was beyond thrilled to see Tim Holtz dies displayed at one booth. The "X" through some of them in the photo are the ones that were sold out. I was not thrilled to see the 2200 to 4500 yen prices! OUCH! Thats about $25 to $55 depending on the exchange rate. I decided to wait and order mine online. I would have LOVED to come home with a few but not at that price! I did snag a few clear Alice in Wonderland themed stamps and Staz On Metallic ink pads though. I picked up a few tins at the Kodomo booth. I have altered 3 of them so far. I will post those later. There were so many fun and interesting things to look at. From a piece of bread about 6 feet long to stuffed animals, wait no it was food with faces. lol They even covered a quad in Swarovski crystals! When I saw it, I thought my friend Troy would have a fit if he was there! lol
This week looks like it will be a very rainy week here in Japan. Its not even rainy season yet!!! I plan to get tons of crating done!!! I hope you all have a crafty and creative day!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Capescrapper said...

So glad you are back Michelle! I was hoping you would post soon. Love the photos! Thanks for sharing!

n8tvtexan said...

Thanks Julie!!! I hope to post daily again. lol

France Ringuette said...

Hi Michelle, Just found your blog, it's really cute... I can see you are also a Tim Holz fan... Love the pictures.

A kind Hello from Montreal Canada!