CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 24, 2010

Altered Tins

Ok, I said I would post about the tins I altered. Remember, the ones I bought from Kodomo at the 34th annual Japan Hobby Show last month? Well, here goes. This is my FAV tin!!!! I stamped it with a Kodomo stamp. I colored in the image using Copic YG63, G99, G28, E47, E59, R27, B14, B16. I added Crystal and Picket Fence Stickles to accent the waves. I painted the snow on Fuji-san and the cliff on the left with Lumiere Pearl White paint. For the crane, I stamped it onto white cardstock. I used Copic r27 for the red on his head and Y00 for his beak. I then layed him onto 3 pieces of cardstock and cut him out. I curled up his feathers and beak a bit. I finished him off with a nice coat of Glossy Accents. Thanks to my gals over at Paper Artists Online for sharing this technique!! I used Tim Holtz stamps to decorate the edge of the tin.

Photobucket
Photobucket
The first tin I attempted is this one. I used a Kodomo stamp for the fans & butterflies. I then painted the blue using Lumiere Pearl Blue paint. I stamped the image of the fan onto white cardstock. I colored all images with Copics G07, G28, BV08, RV09, R85, Y17, BG05, B16, V15, BG13, RV06, RV23, YR07, YR68. Check out the difference of the Copic colors on the tin versus on the white cardstock! The butterflies are YR07 and YR68. After coloring in the fan and the butterflies, I cut them out and glued them each to 3 layers of cardstock. While the glue was still wet, I folded them to get the shape I wanted. I then covered the entire image with Glossy Accents. The same technique as the crane but more movement. They are attached to the tin using Glossy Accents.
Photobucket
For my second tin, I started by painted the entire tin with Lumiere Halo Violet Gold paint. I love how the brush strokes are visible. I think it makes it look more like a fabric than a painted tin surface. I them stamped the Kodomo image using Staz On. I colored the image in using Copic R29, R27, R23, Y21, YR15, BV08, R85, G09, YR23, BG05, R59, E33, E55 and E47. I hope you enjoyed these tins. Have a creative, crafty day!!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Wow, Michelle, they're gorgeous!!