CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Peaceful Bird Card

This card is the one I chose for my Mystery Hostess Party. I saw the idea on someone's blog but can't find it now. I know the inking over embossed images is in several places though. :) I stamped the Always Elegant swirly heart in Early Espresso onto Whisper White cardstock. I then stamped it again in Versamark and embossed it in clear embossing powder. I inked the entire card front in Early Espresso and Crumb Cake. The base is Perfect Plum that has Perfect Plum ink sponged on the edges. The bird is stamped using Perfect Plum ink and the Punch Potpourri bird stamp. I punched it out then with the bird punch. I also punched the branch again in the Early Espresso cardstock. I decided I wanted the branch double so I inked the white branch in Crumb Cake. I used Stampin Dimensionals to attach the bird but it doesn't show much in this scan. One day I will make a photo booth for capturing the photos of my cards better.I hope your week is going well. Today is my daughter's birthday. Her party is this weekend so I will post pics of everything after everything is finished. Tonight was the family dinner at Chili's.

1 comment:

Shari Winterstein said...

I love, love, love this card! I am so glad that you and your family are doing all right in Japan. I just signed up to follow you. Thanks for blessing my day. :)
www.southerncaliforniastamper.blogspot.com