CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Patriotic Vintage Canvas

Hello blog world! Yes, its been a few days. I'll try not to let that happen again. Well, until we start the big move. lol Anyway....Remember the canvas I mentioned the other day? Well, this is how it turned out. :) I started with a blank canvas, a calendar with reprints of these old war posters, the Bands 4 Arms photo, mod podge and plenty of ink. I used Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Early Espresso to ink up the canvas. I tore the poster prints from the calendar and inked the edges using a sponge. I tried several different arrangements before I came up with this final design. I covered everything but the B4A photo with the matte mod podge. I have to say..... I LOVE the end result. Oh and to fill you in on the B4A photo....Bands for Arms is a fabulous site started by Nick, an active duty guy in the Navy. Go check out the site. I have purchased MANY of these bracelets for my family and plan to purchase many many more.

No comments: