CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

12 Tags of Christmas Day 11

OK, Day 11, almost done. Tim's tags have been so inspiring to me. I wasn't so sure about this one. I have nothing to make my own brads and no local scrapbook store. No, the Arts & Crafts Center on base doesn't count. lol Well, unless I want paper or stickers. They don't have cool new gadgets. Anyway....I thought on this one a bit then remembered a card my mom has that I made as a child in school. It was a flower made from a cupcake liner with a photo of me in the center! BRAVO! Good idea!!! I decided to use my daughter's smiling face as the center of the flower. The tag just took off from there. She loves horses so I knew I would use Close To My Heart set that I have with a running horse. I used Shabby Shutters and Scattered Straw on the background. The "Tis the Season" & snowflakes on the tag are Hanna Stamps. What happened to Hanna Stamps anyway? I sure do miss seeing new stamps on their site! Plus, I would love to buy more. Oh I got off track there. Back to my tag. lol The flash washed out the colors on this one. Its a bit darker in person. I stamped the horse in Walnut Stain directly onto the tag. I stamped another horse onto grunge paper and embossed it in black. Then I inked all over in Fired Brick. I smeared Rock Candy Distress Stickles all over the "Tis the season to be pretty" phrase. It sorta smudged the ink but that's ok. It only adds to the grungy look. (Yes, I know, this card isn't all that grungy. lol) The snowflakes are stamped using Faded Jeans Distress Ink. So have you done anything crafty today??? I sure hope you've found time to do something fun for yourself. Happy crafting!!!

No comments: