CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 10, 2009

12 Tags of Christmas Day 7

Day 7 was the toughest tag for me so far. See Tim's amazing tag on his site. Stunning as always! :) I mixed stamps from several companies on this one! The wavy line background is Close to My Heart Jingle Borders. The snowman and snowflake are Inkadinkado. The white Swirl is Stampin Up's French Flair. I painted Jacquard Neopaque white paint onto French Flair. It seemed to soak into the tag. I tried wiping off the ink like Tim said. It just wasnt working for me. I decided to hand paint the swirls. I simply painted over the swirls that were stamped. It took awhile but I love the results. I used Distress Stickles on the snowman's scarf and hat. OH I almost forgot the coolest part about this tag experience. I don't have any of Tim's blank masking material. So, instead of using a post it note or piece of paper to make a mask, I searched the house for alternative. I have a digi photo frame sitting in the box that I haven't yet made the picture sd card for. On the front of the screen is a clear, lightly adhesived plastic sheet to protect the screen. I peeled it off and gently stuck it to a tag. I held my breath while I slowly tried to remove it from the tag. It worked!! It didn't stick!! I was so excited. I stamped the snowman using Staz On and it stayed. When I tried to wipe the paint off though, some of the Staz On snowman came off the "mask". So, while this isn't a replacement for Tim's blank mask, it sure was a temporary choice. I can see I am going to love masking once I get some of the blank mask material.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This tag is beautiful... the colors are very nice...